So things have been looking up recently, after another episode of complete loss of sense of direction, I can feel myself slowly coming back to God. I prayed more regularly, and I started to read the Bible again. Part of me still thinks that maybe this is all just the power of the human mind, being able to bend your own mind to feel something extraordinary, but whether that is the case or not, one thing I cannot deny is that things are changing inside of me.
I read the Bible and I looked into it not as a story, but I looked into as they were people - I would think that that is how you would read it? In all the other previous times that I've read that Bible I think I really missed the point that it's a historical text full of eyewitness accounts, and putting myself in the shoes of the people in the story really just brought the whole Bible alive.
It is by this that I have recently been encouraged.
Another thing, my Tuesday mornings spent with the Year 7's at scripture have been so encouraging and opened my eyes up to many things. That I am able to see the fruits of God's work within these young children and that they turn up every week - whether it be because they are hungry for God's word or because they feel obligated, I have felt extremely privileged that God has brought these girls to me so that I am able to grow His kingdom.
And for the girls who come only once every few weeks, or who used to come but don't anymore - this has pointed out to me the importance of fellowship. Not just fellowship within a big group, but fellowship between just 2 people; 'For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them.' Matthew 18:20
It really saddens me that these girls seem so disinterested by the word of God, or they have budding questions they feel they would be shunned if they were to ask, but I think that that is work that is in need of doing - some thought within them has been moved in one way or another, what made them react in that way? And I feel that just as God has chased after our hearts relentlessly, so should we for those who heard the word and fell away.
Our daily lives are just a small insight into the miracles of God everyday, therefore I encourage you to share your inspiration of the day so that His work may produce even more fruits. Just as fish don't know that they are swimming in water, we are LIVING and BREATHING the very work of God. Take each second and moment of the day and savour it, treasure it, share it in the hope that others may also come to understand the very greatness of our God.
In the hope that His works in His servants may inspire you,
YSIC.
No comments:
Post a Comment