Some people have that verse from the Bible that really hits home to them, you know? That really strikes them - that relates so much to their life.
Well for me, that would be Psalm 27:1. I don't know how I came across it - I think I just stumbled upon it one day.
Maybe I'm faltering as a Christian, or maybe life has considerably improved in such a manner that I no longer need that verse for support? Whatever it is, I've recently felt that that particular verse no longer resounds within me quite so much.
But life has been pretty bad in the past few weeks. I tried to turn to God - I've always known this was coming, but no amount of prayer or hope or friendship has made it any the better.
I know I've cried so much over the past week, and it doesn't feel like I'll ever stop crying.
Isn't it weird - I bet loads of people think my life is easy. They must think the only hardships in my life are how to get good marks in that one test or how to make that boy fall for me. Isn't it funny that my life is so much more?
But you know what? I'm not even scared anymore.
Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
i know that feeling. you feel like you're wasting your time as you pray and read the bible... you think, what the hell am i doing. And then you wonder, why, no matter how hard you pray, and how many tears you shed, God hasn't done anything.
ReplyDeleteBut im telling you now to wait. Embrace the tears as God carries you, embrace his firm grip on you. Things are always the worst before they become better. And its in the worser times we forget who loves us the most.