I was listening to little things by one direction a while ago and first, I was incredibly happy, incredibly just fangirl I guess.
And now suddenly, after 2 hours, I just listened to it again, and I realised, how much of an impact that these lyrics alone have on everyone who listens to it who is going thorugh something tough. And then I thought of all the people I know who are suffering through depression, bulimia, anorexia and the list goes on and on and i just finally understood the absolute magnitude that these lyrics alone had.
And it just suddenly hit me, that all these little things about us, about you, me, about the boy next door, the girl you see on the train, every little thing, makes it who you are. And that it's nothing to be ashamed of.
I know it's hard to not think of your imperfections, not to think of the pressure on you to live up to the standards set by your peers, your parents or whatnot, but each and everything that maybe you hate, is what someone else will grow to love.
Who cares if you don't have a thighgap? I certainly don't. Who cares if you weigh more than you would wish? Who cares if your grades aren't good enough? Just as long as you try.
My mom used to tell me this before tests, "It doesn't matter what you get, as long as you did your best."
Well I'm getting off track now, but I just wanted to share this. I was just listening to the song and I suddenly started realising, noticing, understanding. And then I started crying, but you guys didn't need to know that.
I love you all, and I hope that to all of you who are feeling down, will feel better when you listen to this song. Even if it is just for 3 minutes and 37 seconds.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment