Friday, 2 November 2012

We are all equal

In regards to our discussion today about homosexuality, like I know God created man to be with woman and vice versa but like didn't he also create us all equal?

Idk I think it's slack when people talk about how being homosexual is a sin I mean yeah it's like implied in the Bible but I'm pretty sure they changed something in the new testament. Anyway it's not like homosexuality is a lifestyle choice so why should they be blamed and discriminated against. Like so many Christian groups and stuff protest against gays like why must you do this.

Some people actually do think that gay people choose to be gay but do straight people choose to be straight; last time I checked they did not. And look at all the shit they are put through; all that bullying and stuff like I doubt anyone would actually want to go through that.

Idk I just find it really really slack when people talk about gays like that I mean we're all human and God made all of us just how he wanted us to be.

And okay I was thinking about this. What if a young girl had been born and raised in a Christian family and had really strong morals and values and was just an all round good person, but then she realised that she was homosexual. What if she's done all that she could to love and honour God but then she's been called a 'sinner' because of something she has no control over. 

7 comments:

  1. As Christians though, we don't hate homosexuals. We love them just as much as we love everyone else, its the act of homosexuality and acting on these thoughts that are the problem. They might not have control over who they like, but they do have control over whether they decide to do something about it. There are heaps of gay Christians who decide not to act on their homosexuality because what waits beyond this life and what God offers is so so so much better than this temporary pleasure. The act is the sin ajd what we should disapprove of, not the person. And by no means should we treat them any differently than anyone else we love! :)
    Hope that kinda helped :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying that if they be with the person they love then it is a sin and we should disapprove of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was meant to be a reply to the previous comment omg I'm such a noob LOL

      Delete
  3. No not necessarily, I suppose just acting on it is the bad bit. And I mean, God still loves everyone and yeah I don't know. I'm not a genius on this topic, just relaying what I've been told and my insight I guess. I'll ask someone smarter than me and ill try to get back to you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just need to understand that God loves us despite all our sins. And in the Bible, God speaks of how homosexuality is a sin but it's not because God doesn't appreciate us for who we are as your sexuality is a part of who you are. Instead, it is a sin because homosexuality will never result in producing another son of adam or daughter of eve to allow the world to prosper.

    I'm not completely sure on my views on homosexuality, but I know that it should be acknolwedged in terms of the person's own feelings on the situation and the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that helped so much, thank you. The fact that they can never have a child of their own is just so sad :(

      Delete
  5. Well I think we kind of answered this today, cause since all sin is equal besides blasphemy, so if homosexuality was a sin and it was just something that they practice all the time then it'd be the same as us lying or gossiping all the time. To me I suppose it's a bit like being born with a personality, nobody chooses to be an angry person who kills people or something like that.

    And like the post above, this was what Jesus died for, to save us from our sins.

    John 11:26 "And whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

    It's as simple and beautiful as that, all we have to do is believe and try our hardest to glorify God in all the things we do.

    ReplyDelete