Wednesday, 17 October 2012
(also) on my mind
I think the atmosphere at our SIC meetings has kind of died down.. we're not as into it as we were before and everybody's kinda not taking it seriously anymore. I don't mean to be rude but I think we waste a loooot of time at lunch times when we're coming in and stuff. If you're going to buy your lunch I think you should buy it before you come? Otherwise you have to leave and come back in and everyone's just already so distracted. I know the first few weeks of anything is always more exciting and everyone's more looking forward to it but I don't want it to become a routine thing with you guys where you just come in and talk to each other because we're gathering for Him and not for each other and I think we should just respect that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree! i think sometimes we just loose focus and we need to remember why we are gathering together. its to worship and honour god, not for just the socialising.
ReplyDeleteyes, it might be tempting to just talk with your friends in the small groups, but i have realised that if two people start talking by themselves about something non-related, the whole group starts to go off track and it's quite a distraction.
also i think if the people not in the sic meeting, if we could ask them to leave sooner, we might have more time because we booked the room right?
i think it is just really important not to loose focus of God. :)
im posting anonymously because i havent signed into blogger yet, so im not a random.