Thursday, 1 November 2012

parents.

today my mum told me that she sees no future for me and that one day i'll kill myself.
i don't think that parents realise how much their words scar their kids.


4 comments:

  1. i guess i really have no idea what its like with parents who tell me that my future is up to me.

    i'm not gonna say your parents are thinking ofthe best or what not like everyone always does (but its true)You need to remember that really your real parent is God. He is your true father and i really just encourage you to pray and talk to God about it. In thinking and believing what your mum is saying you are essentually saying that God doesnt know what he's doing and that he stuffed up when in fact he made you perfectly the way he wanted you to be. Jeremiah 1:5 he knew you and had a plan for you even before you were born, even before the creation of the world. Something else is that i really encourage you to think about who you do stuff for. Whether your trying to impress your parents all the time or whether your living for something else. When you put God first everything else follows.
    Hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate :( stay strong!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents still tell my sister all this, "you're wasting your life partying", "don't come back to me when you're broke" and all that.

    But I always overhear conversations between her and my dad about my sister and they're really just worried about her future, cause they worked so hard to get here and they don't want her to throw it all away but take it instead.

    My sister has a totally different view on life but in the end my parents just want what they think is best for her.

    I don't know if this helps but maybe you could just talk it out with your mum and ask her what she doesn't like about how you're running your life and you can tell her why you do the things you do. I know is easier said than done, but I think in the long run it'll be good.

    Hope I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess your parents are showing you some tough love. They would never ever give up on you. EVER. Even if sometimes it seems that way.

    Like when my mum says one thing but it means another and then I get all confused.

    They're probably really worried but can't deal with the pressure and problem, so they just want to ignore it and make it to go away. We should remember that they are human too, and are able to make mistakes.

    We are all human, and we all make mistakes but God ALWAYS forgives us, which makes our relationship with him so much better.

    ReplyDelete